Thursday, February 4, 2016

Desk Designs Ideas for Wood DIY Plans, Paints

Ideas for DIY Wood Desk Designs, Plans, Paints - Hey guys, today I'm going to give you a little tour of my home office, which is really just a space in my bedroom that you can see behind me right there. Last year I did a desk tour video where I showed you my design work space both as work and at home, and a lot of you seemed to really enjoy it so I thought I would film this as a bit of an update now that I'm living in London in my new London flat. I've also included a super easy DIY for a little clipboard that I keep on the wall in front of my desk to remind myself of important things so they don't get lost in a notebook. So yeah, let's get into it and have a look at a DIY and a tour of my desk. So this is my work space, it's just in a little alcove in my bedroom and it's got a big window above it so I get lots of natural light which is really nice for working in. My desk itself is from Ikea it's just a tabletop with two legs and an Alex drawer set holding up the other side. My chair is also from Ikea, it's from a dining set, it's called the Ingolf chair I think and it's got a cushion on it to make it a bit more comfortable and this pillow here from Primark as a bit of back support and just cos I like the way it looks.


Let's start over in this corner here. In this little ceramic dish thing I keep things like memory cards and USB sticks, and my vlog camera when I'm not using it diy solid wood desk. And I keep my pens in this planter that I got from Tiger. I really liked how it was slimline and just sort of sits against the wall. Hanging above them is this clipboard that I DIY'd to keep notes on and I'm going to show you have to make that. For this DIY I used a sheet of black plasticy stuff, some copper adhesive, a ruler, a craft knife, a bulldog clip and a hot glue gun. First cut your sheet of plastic to size, this is what's gonna make your clipboard nice and sturdy. You don't have to use this material, I just found it in Paperchase and thought it would be perfect for this, but you could just use a normal piece of card if you wanted. Then cut a piece roughly the same size but a little bit bigger of the copper adhesive and stick that on top. Then I trimmed off the edges and you end up with what looks like a nice sturdy piece of copper. Measure out where you want your bulldog clip to go then just take your hot glue gun and cover the area. Put the bulldog clip on top of the glue and press it into place and leave it to dry.

Then I hung the clipboard on my wall using a clear hook, and stuck a piece of paper in it to remind me to register my bike. Diy wood standing desk I like having things there in front of me as a reminder instead of being tucked away in a book where I might forget to even look at it. This way I don't forget anything and also it just looks pretty cool, I've sort of got a copper theme going on on my desk as you'll see. My laptop is a 13" retina macbook that I talked about in my design toolkit video. So if you're interested in watching that I will leave a link to that down below. And I have this little plastic cable hook to stop my charging cord from disappearing off the edge of my desk. I love this little corner of my desk. I've got my clock hanging on the wall that was also a DIY, though I've taken the battery out because it was really loud so it's just a piece of wall art now. Then I have my succulent which is still alive by some miracle, inside a vase that was another one of my DIYs which again will be linked down below. And my copper C from Oliver Bonas.

No comments:

Post a Comment