Thursday, February 4, 2016

MUST HAVE .! Antique Wooden Wine Boxes

MUST HAVE .! Antique Wooden Wine Boxes - So what's up fellow beach bums, I appreciate you guys stopping by because, I got a great one for this week. It's something i'm really excited about building because i plan on getting a lot of use out of it. Especially with this warm weather coming and it's already hot as crap here. I don't know about your neck of the woods but yeah, I'm country now, I don't know about your neck of the woods but it's dadgum hot down here in south Florida! Shootz! but uh... Stay tuned and I'll show you what I end up building. That's right. So what is cooler than, get it, cooler... Than a box made of pallet wood that you put your cooler into and holds your beer. That is just awesome! So as far as supplies go for this project all I pretty much needed was pallets. I went ahead and broke down the pallets into individual planks. I have all the center sections broke down which are just the two by four sections. On these pallets they worked out good because they are just solid two by fours and are not the ones with the cut outs where the forks can go into. So that works out great because I'm really going to need those to build the frame of the cooler box.


Inside you are obviously going to need a cooler. I have a forty eight quart cooler which is just a simple basic cooler. I think it will make it easier for framing it out since it's just a basic square. vintage wood wine boxes So the first thing I need to do is get this cooler prepped. I need to take the handles and the rubber hinges off. So now I have the cooler ready to go and ready to be framed out. I'm not worried about attaching the cooler at this point. I just need to get the dimensions of the frame and then I worry about setting the cooler in and getting it attached later on. So I just finished up building the base or frame part and now I'm going to move on to adding the pallet boards to the top. I want to go ahead and do this before I put the cooler or anything in there because what's gonna happen is I'm going to attached these and then I'll trace an outline of the actual cooler and then take a jigsaw and just cut a hole so that i'll be able to raise and lower actual coolers top lip to determine how high I need it.

So once everything's done and I have a wooden frame built around here and everything, vintage wine crate toronto it'll fit nice and flush down onto the cooler. So once I get this attached and then I cut a hole. I'll be able to add spacers down here on the bottom that will allow the cooler to sit on. So I've just finished attaching the top and now I'm going to get the dimensions for the hole I'm going to cut. I'm just using the top because it's the same size on the outside as the actual cooler. So I'm going to trace an outline, take a jigsaw and actually cut the hole out so the bottom portion of the cooler, from the bottom, fit up to this top level nice and flush. All right, I've just finished putting the cooler in and I think it turned out really good. It fits nice and tight. It's really flush, just the way I wanted it. I haven't quite attached it yet because I'm I actually going to take it back out. I want to go ahead and work on the base and leaving the cooler in for right now and attaching it would be in the way. The easiest way to do this would be to take the pallet wood and just put it on outside like this and just go down. That would be the easiest way and you could just attach it with some hammer and nails or screw gun. I want to do something a little different. I want to take a piece of thin plywood and actually put it behind here. So it basically have a little canvas area right here and then do something with the pallet wood to do something kind of decorative. I think it will be cool and a little more challenging than just attaching it to the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment